Monday, March 11, 2002

So I'm going to start actually *using* this here blog. Amazing, eh? Here's a little rundown on the current state of affairs: The baby is sleeping. I'm addicted to this Hazelnut coffee creamer (contains no actual cream) that I got yesterday in another one of my Oh-God-I'm-Hungry-Let's-Buy-It-All grocery shopping binges. And I can't stop eating this Cadbury's Dairy Milk bar that I was supposed to be making chocolate covered strawberries in. It isn't the pregnancy that makes you fat, it's all the delicious treats you have to consume in order to maintain your sanity once the baby has arrived, I think. Oh, and we might be getting a house! Not to buy, still just to rent, but it's TONS bigger than this ratty stankhole and not too much more expensive!! I could have a doll room! WOO! And, I could have more babies, and there'd be room for them, too! Yay!

In other news: I sent out invitations for my friend's baby shower last week. It's her second baby, but it's a girl this time, so I thought it would be fun to celebrate. Long story short, when I sent the invites, I just addressed them to the eldest woman of the household, AKA "the mom". Well, my friend's sister (who is 22 and still lives at home, so personally I think it is her problem, anyway - if she wants her own damned invitation, why doesn't she try GETTING AN APARTMENT?) called her up and was like, "Oh, I guess I'm not coming to your shower because I wasn't invited. The invitation only had mom's name on it." THIS she says to my poor pregnant mother-of-a-2-year-old-boy friend. Like she doesn't have enough to deal with without people being freaking asses. So then today I hear that the baby's great-gramma, who lives with the baby's father's aunt, tried to pull the same horseshit. Just *how*, I would like to know, do you get to be that old and still be so curiously petty? WHY DOESN'T EVERYBODY JUST GROW THE FUCK UP??

Have you seen that commercial for the bill consolidation place? Yeah, yeah, I know there's a million of 'em, but I'm specifically referring to the one with the guy with the terrible mullet. He like, IS my stepdad. Except cleaner and in a Hawaiian shirt. I hate him. He's all, "We realized that early retirement was JUST NOT AN OPTION! And we needed SURRIOUS PRUFESSHINUL HELP!" Then he walks out of the house with his goofy just-got-laid-I'm-so-cool-I-bet-no-one-can-tell-that-I'm-fifty smile and his hideous ass, gnarly salt-and-pepper mullet. And of course the little thin ponytail part is pulled over his shoulder so you can see it in all its dried-out glory. I guess if I wouldn't watch total crap like Montel every day, I probably wouldn't HAVE to see this commercial, but hey. Whaddaya gonna do?

That's it for now. Hope you're having a great Spring Break.