Thursday, March 21, 2002

So I have nothing to do except this. Okay, actually that's a big fat lie: I have SO much to do that I'm avoiding all responsibility by coming on here and typing shit. Woo! We're supposed to be moving next weekend, but we don't have the keys to the new place yet, and I want to get in there and paint and stuff... the lady we're supposed to be renting from is REALLY trying to get us to buy the house, which we would do if we could afford it. But we can't. It's making me nervous because I'm really afraid she is going to decide not to rent it after all, and then we'll be screwed. I guess I shouldn't worry, as that is completely outside the realm of my control, but still.

So this weekend was way big. We went to like 20 stores on Saturday *and* visited John's Granny, then on Sunday I threw a baby shower for my friend Stacey. It was rawkin. She got all kinds of cute little girl clothes!! There was this one really bitchy fat lady there, though - I believe she was a relative of the grandma-in-law - and she kept complaning because she wasn't winning any of the games, then when she won one, she was complaining because everyone could only get one prize. Like, hello, what are you, fifty? And you're mad because EVERYONE gets one prize before anyone gets two? As I have said before, GROW THE FUCK UP! Then she was bitching during the Bingo game, because we declared that a romper and a sleeper were NOT the same thing, and WHY HASN'T SHE OPENED UP ANY BOTTLES? Jeez, lady, if you're that desperate to get a bunch of crap from the dollar store, here's a fiver on me, just DROP OFF YOUR PRESENT AND GET THE HELL OUT! (Not that my prizes were crap, I'm just saying....) The only other big disappointment was that everyone started leaving after the gift they personally brought was opened, and they left out the back door, and I forgot to tell them all to take one of the favors John and I so meticulously assembled at 3 o'clock that morning, so I had about 20 extra packets of Baby Shower Shower Gel. You should see them. They're darling.

And I haven't done anything I need to do. We SO need to get our taxes done, and I needed to get Tristan's pictures taken before Easter, because it's going to look REALLY stupid to give out bunny-suit photos the following week. I guess I don't have to clean the house now cause we're just going to pick up the mess and dump it off in the other house, LOLOL. But a clean coffee mug would be nice, as I burned the piss out of my hand on this Solo cup. And I would love to be able to go to Tristan's shelf and from it pluck a burp cloth, instead of running to the dryer with spitup running down my arm, ya know?

So if I like the Baby Gap stuff with the chicks on it better than the stuff with the cars, will people think that I'm a bad mother? That my child is going to be gay? I hate all the boy crap with trucks and trains and sports bullshit on them. I mean, some of it can be good, when tastefully done, but some of it so overtly "LOOK MY KID IS A BOY A BOY A BOY" that I just want to slap the mullet-sporting Budweiser-shirt-wearing corporal-punishment-using parents who put their poor kids in it. Anyway, I think it's okay - no, I think it's SUPER - for my kid to wear clothes with chicks and bunnies on them. He's a BABY. And it'll be okay for him to play with dollies, too. And if he wants trucks, obviously, he can have trucks, too, but I'm not going to buy him a 2.99 sweatshirt at Ames that says "TRUCKS RULE" and has one of those jacked-up Broncos with the Truckasaurus tires on it, kicking up dirt, dammit. I'm not white trash. Honest. You gotta believe me. Seriously. For real doh.