Wednesday, April 16, 2003

sinfully delicious


My dad. bought me. Half. A case. Of Tagalongs. Do you know how many cookies that is? That's six boxes. SIX BOXES!! Ninety of the most delicious confections known to man. I guess he doesn't care if my gut hangs out anymore.


We did one of my favorite shopping trips today: the Borders Outlet and PetLand. I petted kitties!! I talked to a nice old woman!! I got a lot of awesome books!! I need to go update my Amazon Wishlist, as I got a couple of things off of it (but at a deliciously DEEP discount!) - Watch Me Grow, I'm 2 and The Complete Book Of Hebrew Baby Names. I also got Tristan a PASSOVER board book, which is creepy, funny, and educational at the same time. Plus I got this book called Sweet Secrets, which isn't about toy jewelry that transforms into a doll, but rather, is a collection of menstruation stories. I already read a bunch of them. It's soooooo good!! Oh, and Naked Babies, which was written by (I <3) Anna Quindlen and photographed by someone who is not Anna Quindlen. Baby feets make me want to snuggle!


We also picked up Tristan's Easter stuff. His basket is a little tin bucket! We got a smooshy little Volkswagen car for the tub, two packs of Hot Wheels, a sparkly pinwheel, some Goldfish crackers, Marshmallow Peeps (DUH), and some Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake rolls to go in it. Then he is getting a Talking Teletubby (Laa-Laa) and a Harry Lamb like mine, but yellow. My girl one (with white fur) is called Merry Lamb.... I wonder what we'll name Tristan's? Oh, and a Bear in The Big Blue House video. Is it Christmas??


A quick aside: John and I got all excited after reading the Passover book to observe it as piously as we could. Unfortunately.... it turns out that Passover began at Sundown. And I made pasta salad for dinner. So we have already failed. God is so going to smote me. On the other hand, I think this is a *prime* excuse to visit my beloved Max's Deli for some of their famously tasty Matzoh Ball Soup. Mmmmm...... Matzoh.