Tuesday, February 11, 2003

i need more ram



Yesterday we were walking past Radio Shack when John jokingly asked, "Hey, wanna go buy a new computer?" and I replied "Tsch! Yeah! I need more RAM."

He laughed like a seventh grader.


the CD tower



Over the weekend, my husband graciously purchased a darling little 20-disc CD tower to help me corral the ungodly, Pisa-esque stacks of CDs that cover my entire desk. It even matches the black faux-wrought-iron stuff that the desk and its matching bookshelf are made of. In order from top to bottom, this is the list of albums in it - it should be noted that John is the one who stocked it. I would NEVER put them in order, but that's just the kind of guy that he is.



System of a Down Toxicity

Ash 1977

Neutral Milk Hotel In the Aeroplane Over The Sea

The Promise Ring Nothing Feels Good

The Promise Ring Very Emergency

The Strokes Is This It

Yaz Upstairs at Eric's

The White Stripes White Blood Cells

The White Stripes Self-Titled

The White Stripes De Stijl

Treble Charger Maybe It's Me

Depeche Mode The Singles 81-85

Hum You'd Prefer An Astronaut

Hum Downward is Heavenward

Jimmy Eat World Bleed American

Ben Kweller Sha Sha

Stephen Malkmus Self-Titled

Home Town Hero Self-Titled

More Than Electric yesterdaytodayandforever (This is our friend's Christian Rock band. I supposedly "won" their T-shirt design contest back in, like, June. WHERE'S MY SHIRT TOMMY?!?!)

Glifted Under and In

Denali Self-Titled

a CD-R that is just labeled "HUM" - I have no idea what this is as we already own every Hum album

For Squirrels Baypath Road

The case from For Squirrels Example, quite possibly the best album of all time, which I still have not replaced - it was in my portable CD player when it was stolen from my car in November. :(

An envelope with my friend Becky's address on it, which I am always losing

A scrap of paper with a bunch of addresses I don't need anymore, and Zach Slate's email

A free sample package of ThermaCare Heat Wraps, those patch things that heat up and you wear them for "cramps"



I'm definitely not bragging. Where's the My Bloody Valentine? The SDRE? I don't even like some of these discs. And as you can plainly see, I can't even keep the clutter away for a day. Shame, shame on me.