Sunday, September 21, 2003

Aaaaaaaand we're back.

So here's a great little anecdote: Tonight I found a 7" Death Cab import on the clearance rack! at Hot Topic. That's like gold, people. Anyway. When we walked into Waldenbooks, it set off the alarm. The chick behind the counter didn't even flinch, as she was apparently trying to add 2 and 2 in the nightly ledger at the back counter. John was like, "Hey, 'scuse me... I think my record set the alarm off."

Chick: "Oh, it's okay."
John: "Well, could you demagnetize it? I don't want it to do that in every store I go into."
Chick: *blank look*
Chick: "Uhhhhhhmmmm..... I....... *points to little security thing* it's that thing right there... you can just take it off."
John: "I was hoping you could just swipe it across the thing..."
Chick: "Well, see, the thing is, I DON'T WANT IT TO ERASE THE RECORD."

What. The. Fuck. Just........... Jesus. I didn't even know they CAME that stupid.